Cryptocurrencies & security
The world of cryptocurrencies is still in its infancy. Even though Bitcoin is now 10 years old, the general public is starting to hear about it in 2017 with the bubble that brought Bitcoin to nearly $20,000.
The principle of cryptocurrencies is that YOU ARE THE BANK. The technical operation is based on public and private keys, so it is essential to learn about the best way to secure your coins. Whether it is Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin or Monero, what you need to know is that if you don’t have your private keys, you don’t have your coins.
Comparison of cryptocurrency hardware wallet
Ledger Nano X
- Secure a large number of assets with the same product - install up to 100 applications on your product
- Manage your crypto wherever you are directly from your mobile phone with the c connection.
With Ledger Live, manage 22 crypto from a single application. To manage more crypto, use third party applications.
Ledger Nano S
- It is protected inside a chip secured by an 8-digit PIN code.
- The Nano S supports more than 100 encrypted currencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Altcoins, allowing you to manage multiple assets.
- Simplicity: The device is controlled by only 2 buttons, and all actions can be checked on its screen.
Backup and restore: your cryptographic resources remain secure even if you lose your Nano S: your 24 keywords are saved on a recovery sheet.
- ADAPTED FOR LOTS OF CRYPTO-CRYPTO-CURRENCY such as Bitcoin, Ethereum ( ERC20) Ethereum classic, Litecoin, Dash, ZCash. The constant updates also allow to use the newest options
- EXTENSIVE APPLICATIONS: there are many cryptographic applications available, as well as the possibility to create applications yourself. FIDO / U2F compatible and usable as a second factor in a number of services
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: convincing variety of functions and easy to use, also usable as a powerful password manager
- Delivery Offered
- Trezor One is one of the most reliable and secure ways to keep your Bitcoins. Protect a wide variety of alternative digital currencies such as Litecoin, DASH and Zcash with a single device.Origin: United States Free Shipping!
Archos Safe-T Mini
- Compatible with Electrum and MyCrypto. The ARCHOS Safe-T mini supports more than 75% of the total cryptographic market, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Dash, Litecoin, Ethereum and ERC20. A dedicated R&D team is working on adding new compatibilities.
- The design has been specifically designed to include a CryptoMemory, a dedicated security chip, as a trusted root. It is used to store the user's private keys, allows secure PIN code and communication encryption and has hardware countermeasures to deal with attacks. The software is open-source and available on GitHub.
- The integrated screen displays all transaction information and allows the holder to verify it before physically confirming it using the buttons, for security reasons. There is no way for potential hackers to modify transactions. The ARCHOS Safe-T Mini allows its contents to be recovered in a new device in the event of loss or theft, using a 24-word recovery key generated when the Safe-T Mini is first used.
- Backup and restore: During initialization, you have the unique opportunity to write a backup of your KeepKey in the form of a twelve-word phrase recovery. If your KeepKey is lost or stolen, you can safely recover your device and its Bitcoins without compromising the security of your private keys.
- Virus and Malware Proof: Because KeepKey does not have an operating system, the layers that viruses, malware, and key loggers infect do not exist on the device. Using KeepKey gives you confidence that hackers can't get to your bitcoins.
- Multi-Currency Support: KeepKey not only supports Bitcoin, but also Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Dash, and Testnet.
- Works on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android: KeepKey is a USB HID-class device. That means, like a typical mouse or keyboard, drivers are not required. Plug in the provided premium USB cable, and your device just works: immediately giving you the highest level of bitcoin security.
- WIRELESS THROUGH BLUETOOTH: the encrypted Bluetooth connection provides wireless security for the road (BLE4.1, 10 meters distance), application for Android and IOS (version 5 or higher). Currently the only mobile wallet for said cold storage!
- DESIGN AND FEATURES: stylish portable design, thin as a credit card, flexible (soft), durable construction (waterproof), including is a stylish trunk.
- LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION: 5 days on standby or 20 cycles, 2-3 weeks when turned off.
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Dimensions: 85.6 x 54 x 0.8 mm; Battery charge time: 2 h; Battery: Lithium Ion, 3V, 15mAh; Bluetooth 4.1; Secure chip: common criteria EAL5 + certified tamper-proof. BONUS: free Hula HoopShop Frisbee
How to store Cryptocurrency Safely in 2020
For the security of your Bitcoin or other ERC-20 tokens, it is essential to use a hardware wallet. This method is called “cold storage” because your corners are not on your hard drive or on the exchanges.
One product allows to store cryptocurrencies in “cold wallet” mode offline: The Nano S or Nano X ledger. This key also allows to make U2F key but is a little more restrictive to use. The advantages of such a security level product are numerous:
Security: your private key that gives access to your assets is never exposed, it is protected inside a chip secured by a PIN code. The Nano S supports more than 20 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and many other altcoins, allowing you to manage multiple assets with the same hardware portfolio.
Simplicity: The device is controlled by only 2 buttons, and all actions can be checked on its screen.
Access to exchanges
If you are active in the markets, it is necessary to have cryptocurrencies on the exchanges. The best known are Binance or Kucoin to trade a large number of crypto.
Like an online service like Google or Dropbox, Binance allows you to use a U2F security key for certain actions: access the exchange, make a withdrawal or reset your password. This kind of security ensures that even if your account is hacked, your cryptocurrencies are safe. A real plus that should be offered by a larger number of exchanges!